Monday, September 1, 2008

NO WAY IT'S SEPTEMBER

there's no way!! i cannot believe it is september 1st. where the heck is 2008 going?? what a crazy year already, and it's still got 1/4th to go!

i start my new school tomorrow... i am SO nervous. i think that it is even scarier than moving to a place you've never even seen PICTURES of (let alone stepped foot in) the day after you turn 18... at least it is for me! in that situation i was going to a very small school as a freshman with a bunch of other freshmen to keep me company. this time around, with like 35 thou students and coming in as a transfer- i really feel like the odd girl out. i had nightmare after nightmare last night about being lost and late to all of my classes!!

i am kind of excited to see how i toggle my two "jobs" and school. i use quotes because making crafts and playing with animals just, i can't believe they are my work! i am also excited for making new friends and even a little excited for homework... but still very scared. i think that if the weather were cooler and i had great new sweaters to start the year right, that i might be a little more gung ho. but it's going to be 91 on my first day, and i'll have just ridden the stinky subway from one nice neighborhood in the ghetto to another nice neighborhood in the ghetto. ha!

okay so! i don't have any new crafts, arty stuff, or photos to share but i DON'T want to leave you with just words. so here are some links to crazy wonderful sellers on etsy that i've gotten stuff from.


http://earcmra.etsy.com
I got this three flavor sampler for a birthday treat to myself... me and Ryan really tore through them! I would order more but I was literally addicted to their buttery sweet goodness and I think I would binge if I had them this soon again ha!


leafty.etsy
My sister got me this great ring from leafty on etsy!! I love love love it... it's too cute! Her shop is really amazing and it leaves me wondering why she doesn't have 180000000 sales. :)


humade.etsy.com
My sister ALSO got me this on etsy from my favorite's. I LOVE it. It makes me feel so classy whenever I pull it out to get to my... Septa tokens. haha! I also wish more people saw her shop, because the quality is INSANELY beautiful!

So! Hope everyone had a good first of the month! I'm off to make a few more napkins to mail out tomorrow!

2 comments:

amy said...

I have that nightmare all the time and it stops me from going back to college. I am always so lost, so late and so behind in school and I'm filled with sheer hopelessness.

I just checked out humade's Etsy shop. Hearted them. I think her bags are perfect, simple yet unique. I want one, because I'm not a big purse carrier, I mean I don't like carrying enormous purses.

Good luck in school, don't worry it was just a dream, you'll be able to find everything just fine. If you don't, keep us updated. ;)

julie said...

i had the same sorts of nightmares through HS, i am like deathly afraid of being late for things! how dorky is that.
yeah, i want more of humade's stuff... some of the larger purses are so great. i was just so stunned at the quality!
and thank you for your kind words! it was a pleasant surprise :)