Wednesday, July 30, 2008

almost august!

it is SO humid out today, but i managed to take a trip to the park with mistie & pick up some groceries anyway... by the way, you truly haven't lived in a city until you've had to carry 40 lbs of groceries at least ten blocks. i, luckily, have been able to get ryan or my roommate to take me in a car whenever i can... but before them, it was just par to make that trip weekly. i have the world's strongest shoulders (just ask my boyfriend, he thinks they are creepily muscular)
also, you truly haven't been a crazy cat lady until half of those 40 lbs are a huuuge stash of canned cat food. eek!

less words! i just wanted to share a little color with you today.



embroidery detail for a towel i made & sent as part of jessica gonacha's art swap


cute rainbow screen windows in dirty south phlly


alright, now i'm going to try to get some pictures of new gocco works that need to be posted in the shop tomorrow. they are CUTE. i hope :)

3 comments:

amy said...

I think that towel you made is so adorable. I love the colors and the simplicity of the design.

I know how it is to carry heavy groceries, when I lived downtown (milwaukee) I did all the grocery shopping. I quickly learned to only buy the 1/2 gallon of milk. The fun part was opening the apartment doors without all my groceries spilling over.

Dani said...

Julie you rock, thanks so much for putting together the wholesale list!

Cheers!

Tiffany said...

The towel is awesome. I like the colors.

BTW, that really sucks about the groceries. I've never had to do that, and so I can't even imagine how hard it must be.